Amphi’s tax advisory services come with strict local compliance built in. Local experts across all jurisdictions deliver consistent services and quality wherever you do business. A flexible delivery model supports you as you grow while our consultants strip uncertainty from even the most daunting transformation. In short, when it comes to tackling complexity and risk in tax compliance, we are your single, integrated, outsourced answer.
We also value the importance of relationships, especially over the long-term. Getting to know your needs over time means we will become more knowledgeable of your affairs and can react proactively to changing tax requirements in line with your own special circumstances.
India’s taxation system is perceived to be the most complex globally. With the direct taxation laws in India constantly amending to reflect the changes in the economy and policy of the government, handling tax function in most companies can be challenging. There are number of additional restrictions on domestic as well as international transaction between companies. It becomes imperative to manage the tax in order meet the deadlines of income tax compliances.
Recognised among best tax advisors in India, Amphi can advise you on all direct tax-related matters and offer you services like income tax assessment, tax assessment, income tax notice, income tax filling in India, with innovative tax efficient strategies, identifying the tax risks associated with your business and evaluating them in order to execute effective controls in time. With a myopic vision for the development of client businesses, we can collaborate with you in each exercise to deliver productive results.
- Helping in filing withholding tax returns.
- Helping with compliance aspects such as tax registration, assistance in obtaining lower withholding tax certificates, etc.
- Advising & reviewing all necessary tax withholding compliances.
- Verification of all payments to vendors for estimating the application of rates and determining categories for deduction of withholding taxes.
- Advising on every financial subject that is of interest to the clients.
- Managing vendors/employees for issuance of withholding forms preparation & filling of Quarterly E-TDS Returns and annual returns.
- Representation Services for Assessments before Income-tax officers.
- Assistance in drafting and presenting applications to the revenue authority.
- Income tax Appeal Proceedings before CIT(A) as well as Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT).
- Helping in representation for pending tax refunds.
- Providing follow-up with revenue authorities.
- Representing clients in Search & Seizure Proceedings.
Income Tax Filing and Returns
- Preparation of computation of income & filing of income tax returns of various HNI assessees and other HUFs, Partnership Firms, and Companies.
- Advisory on Taxation of Employees sent on a secondment basis.
- Processing and coordinating departments related to Income tax refunds.
International Taxation is a study of determining the Tax accrued on an individual or business based on the different Tax laws of different countries. With increasing globalization, Multinational Companies across the world are investing more and more in India and as they go about establishing themselves, it is very crucial for them to understand India’s tax structures and regulatory policies.
Similarly, Indian domestic companies interested in or planning to go global or be listed on overseas bourses also need to understand the complexities of cross-border taxes and regulations. Knowledge of corporate tax and regulatory framework for carrying out any activity is now an integral part of doing business in India or overseas. Over the last few years, tax authorities in India are focusing on increasing the tax base through e-governance and digitization.
Add to this, increasing changes and new developments in the tax structure has the potential to cause uncertainty and litigation. In addition to an already existing complex and uncertain tax environment in India and globally, the corporate need to scale up their infrastructure to ensure compliance with the new and ever-changing tax and regulatory framework.
To understand and work out any tax scenario in India, assessing the residency of individuals / multinational companies is critical. Another key area is transfer pricing, which due to increased global trades, confronts a company with cross-border transactions with complex tax issues. As global trade increases, companies are confronted more and more with complex issues associated with intercompany pricing.
- Study and Determination of tax on a person or business subject to the tax laws of different countries
- Work out of Tax Residency
- Tax Planning and Documentation
- Dispute Resolution
- Risk and Opportunity Assessment
- Set Transfer Pricing Planning and Policies
- Consultation on various transfer pricing issues and concepts
- Transfer Pricing Risk management
- Representation before Appellate authorities/ Dispute Resolution Panel
- Transfer Pricing Documentation
Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA)
- Framing the tax planning for minimizing the tax in accordance with the domestic and international laws
- Assistance in drafting international agreement
- Providing opinion based on the various judicial pronouncement
- Assisting in assessment under international taxation.
Services to NRI
- Assisting in NRI Investment
- Facilitate in repatriation of sale proceeds of investment/ Property
- Assisting in banking and other regulatory formalities
- Plan for financial transaction.
- Assisting in tax computation and filling of return.
- Facilitate of incorporation of company in India
- Arrange for complete set of regulatory approval.
- Organize office infrastructure and manpower or operate as a representative office
Indirect taxes have evolved into a comprehensive tax on goods and services providing uniformity of levy across States, creating opportunities to reorganize supply chains and optimize costs. The GST law has brought in operational challenges in compliance increasing automation needs and an opportunity for centralized management of taxes.
Amphi offers technology-enabled compliance services to assist clients in meeting their statutory obligations and advisory on complex issues/tax positions to bring in tax certainty and efficiency in business models and transactions from the Indirect tax perspective.
Goods and Service Tax (GST)
The GST team at the firm provides comprehensive services in this area. These include providing services relating to GST returns and assessments, GST advisory, tax compliance reviews, contract reviews, due diligence, and litigation. Our professionals also advise taxpayers on issues arising from the restructuring of the supply chain following GST implementation.
In the area of litigation, our team represents clients from departmental authorities and tribunals. We also appear before the Advance Ruling Authorities to seek rulings for clients in relation to their business transactions. Our team has rich experience in this area having represented clients both in the previous indirect tax regime and the new GST regime.
- Advisory and compliance support (tax operation, technology tool offerings).
- Tax optimization.
- Audit assistance.
- Diagnostic reviews.
- Representation on policy matters and advocacy.
- Litigation support including tax controversy management.
- Central Government and/ or State Government Incentives support (negotiation, feasibility study, application, representation support).
- Tax refunds.
- Anti-profiteering study.
Amphi has a dedicated customs advisory and litigation practice. The professionals have decades of experience in handling customs disputes for major organizations involved in global trade. The multidisciplinary team handling customs matters consists of charted accountants, trade experts, and professionals trained in business management. The team has extensively worked on custom laws including all subordinate rules, regulations, and issues relating to the classification, valuation, and interpretation of exemption notifications, prohibitions, restrictions on cross-border trade, and Free Trade Agreements. The team advises with tailor-made solutions by ensuring that the support goes beyond taking care of merely the issue at hand.
We envision multiple possible scenarios and accordingly our solutions are aimed at mitigating long-term risks. The team believes in supporting end-to-end solutions to legal challenges faced in cross-border business transactions with an emphasis on ensuring legal compliance with customs and other allied laws. Special focus is also laid on gaining from tax planning opportunities and incentives given through various Government policies.
- Product classification under the Harmonised System of Nomenclature (HSN).
- Customs valuation and assistance in the investigation of related party transactions by the Special Valuation Branch (SVB).
- Trade facilitation.
- Health check and review of compliance under customs and other allied laws.
- Contract reviews for international / cross-border transactions.
- Foreign Trade Policy and Procedures.
- Regional / Free Trade Agreements and compliances under Rules of Origin.
- Special Economic Zones / Free Trade Warehousing Zones and their impact on procurement strategy and supply chain.
- Trade Remedies include anti-dumping and countervailing duties.
- Special restrictions and compliance with the food law, Drugs & Cosmetics Act, Packaged Commodities Rules, etc. in the context of cross-border transactions.